Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

how to NOT undo pan and zoom 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chileheadcraig

Civil/Environmental
Nov 15, 2002
US
When doing commands, I frequently zoom and pan to make sure the correction looks right and then when trying to undo, I have to undo all the panning and zooming before I can undo the last actual command. Is there a way do disable undo-ing pan and zoom?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i think that would become cumbersome since I work in only a small area at a time. I have been on someone elses machine that did it, so I am sure it has to be a setting. It seemed to be the default on his, so he had no idea why it was like that.

Another software does not UNDO the ZOOM commands. I have seen users undo things that were no longer visible on the screen trying to get back to what they thought was the last thing they did, only to find several wasted minutes re-building stuff that didn't need to be undone.

I want UNDO to do just that, whatever was done, undo it. If I've panned, pan back, if I've changed a system variable, change it back. Proper use of the UNDO command (not just U) by placing UNDO MARKs, and using UNDO BEGIN and UNDO END in lisp functions goes a long way in efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back