Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to obtain only silhouette!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John1974

Industrial
Jun 4, 2001
ES
If you are reading this probably you will answer me that I have to set "DISPSILH" variable to 1, but I can´t obtain the real silhouette.

Imagine a solid cylindrical bar and after bend it 90º (you will obtain a bar with a L form). If run 'hide' I obtain a mesh that represent the visible surface. To delete this mesh I set 'DISPSILH' to 1. When I run another time the 'hide' command the mesh has disappear, but there are two lines that seems to be joints. This joints divide the bended bar in three parts. One vertical part, one deformed part and one horizontal part.

Can you explain how to delete this joints??

Every answer will be welcomme and gratefull.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have drawn the bar as a solid you need to use the solprof command which will give you a 2d drawing from your model on 2 new layers that autocad makes for you. One for hidden lines and one for visible lines. These lines will be polylines at first but you can explode them into lines if you need to. You will need to be in paperspace to run solprof. Also see the help for this command first.

Peter.

You use 'SOLPROF' or 'SOLDRAW' commands with Autocad. I am not sure which one I dislike more, both are just 2D work-arounds as far as I'm concerned - not good for editing or view angle changes. Autodesk owes us more. 3rd Party overlay packages that are very slick (real 3D with no tessellation/facet lines & without 2d outline profiles), ie. 'Rebis' ($5,500US) & 'Cadworx' ($2,700US) both for 3D piping, but I'll bet there are packages for Mech. 3D too... this is what Autocad should be able to do with the variables.

i'm not sure how you are doing this are you in acad 2000 or a vertical are you using solids to create this or are you creating a pline and extruding along the line and maybe you can explain to me what the real silhouette is i thought you were trying to get the shadow of a pipe shaped object if everyone helps everybody the world will be a better place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back