how to off "Double click in empty space in graphics window to Fit the geometry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppap eroni

Mechanical
Feb 22, 2023
KR
hello good day~!

I want to turn off the "Double click in empty space in graphics window to Fit the geometry" function. If you don't know what function it is, please refer to the attached image.

It seems to be the cause of the delay in the drag for selection

In the case of the NX7.5 version without that function, the animation speed at which the square is drawn is the same, but the drag that is actually selected is fast.

In the case of NX10 and later versions with that function, when you drag quickly, the command is ignored

So if there's anyone who knows how to turn it off, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me

thank you

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6030e930-141f-4bb5-967e-ff97202d3474&file=??_??_2023-05-24_104254.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have never seen such an issue.
I would rather start by checking if you have :
1) A certified Graphics adapter ? I.e Nvidia Quadro / RTX (& NOT Geforce.)
2) A "good" graphics adapter driver ?

The image attached seems not exist ?

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Toost said:
The image attached seems not exist ?

Like Toost, I had trouble downloading the attached .png file. I suspect that the file has one or more characters in the file name that the server isn't handling correctly; we've seen a similar issue when there are spaces in the file name. Please rename the file and upload it again. Or, better yet, use the "image" button in the post options to embed the image in your post (as below).

eng-tips_image_gf5cze.png

www.nxjournaling.com

The image won't help us anyway, as we are familiar with that function itself. You'll probably have to upload a video with what you're trying to do.

I'd wager a guess you're trying to use a laptop touchpad to rectangle-select stuff by double-tapping the pad then dragging, and when you lift your finger to finish, the selection doesn't work. Whereas when you do the same with a mouse, it works.

It seems to be connected to how NX registers clickdown commands - there's a little delay between the click and when the pointer changes to the selection cross. The added delay of registering a clickdown on a touchpad might be what's causing the issue for you.

Try going to Selection Preferences and changing the Rollover Delay value to 0, see if that makes it better.

I think I see if you double-click on a dimension to edit it, in 2D drafting, and if you miss the dimension, and double-click in "empty space", NX will do a fit operation which will zoom your 2D drawing out if you were zoomed in. Which I have found to be a bit annoying when I miss the double click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back