How to open a Drawing from the Model 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prsyam

Mechanical
Nov 30, 2012
SA
Hi All,
Please help me to find a way to reach model from a drawing, the reverse side is so easy (Just D'Click on any view).
Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no direct way to do so. You can open the model in Revision Manager, perform a Where Used search, and then find any and all drawings that the model is used on if your search parameters are large enough and you have the time to wait.

--Scott
www.wertel.pro

Thanks Scott for saving my time serching this, in solidworks we were able to open (If the drawing is in the same folder and same name)
Also is there a global scale factor for the Hatch spacing (to change hatch spacing for all materials and in all views of a sheet)

Also, with a file open in Solid Edge, you can perform a 'where used' by clicking the Application button, Manage, and then Where Used. Pay attention to the options as you can filter what you want it to search for (Drafts only as an example).

Ken G.

I don't think there is a global setting but you would do it through the styles settings.
These are file based so if you do it in your template files it would appear in all new files.
Existing ones would not be affected.
Existing files would have to be done individually, but you could use the styles organiser to copy in the new style definitions.

bc.
Core i5-3570 @3.4GHz , 8GB RAM
Quadro FX4600. W7 Pro 64-bit.

prsyam - this is I think related to the different ethos of SE V SW in so much as in SE the model very much drives the drawing, it's one way.

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back