How to prepare S curve in M S Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtiyaz

Mechanical
Jan 4, 2001
MY
hi,
We have recently started planning using MS Project-2000. Is there any option to get S curve?
Thanks in anticipation,
imtiyaz

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Imtiyaz,
Like blooda, I have exported data from the task/resource usage tables to excel, the reason being that you can't hold progressive actuals to measure against the plan curve - all you can pull off are the latest values.
If you want to see a planned curve only, split the window to Gannt & Resource Graph (bottom pane). Then format the graph details to cumulative work (this will give you stepped appearance. Format the bar styles to line. This will give you an s curve for planned work only - unfortunately this is as far as you can go.
Good luck,
Rentaplan

What I have done to obtain an ADVANCE s curve is to export the activity, start date and finish date, to excel, and make a formula that calculates the distribution of that activity in time with "IF". In columns, the time frame. then I compare the time frame with start and finish date, and it gives me the % of advance of each activity across the time. Then I find the incidence of each activity based on ManPower for example, and make a SUMPRODUCT of the incidences with its advance distribution, and finally obtain a beautiful and realistic s curve of ADVANCE. I can show you the excel file if you want.

Dont have information about resources S curve like Primavera does.

victormarcel@yahoo.com

Hi Santo2002,
Thanks for the reply, I am develop something similar by exporting data in excel and using if statements. But it take lot of manhours and also if I revise the baseline, so again I have to do the complete file.
I would love to see your excel spread sheet.
Regards,

Imtiyaz

Take care :)

You are right imtiyaz, every time you modify the baseline, you must go to the excel file and copy/paste the dates. This must be done every time you revise it / reschedule it.

It wont require a lot of man hours though ;), just copy and paste...

Sad1980, imtiyaz, please send a little message to my email, and I will reply it with the file.

Regards, Santo.

well u can have the s curve in msp itself .go to view-resource graph. right click -choose cumulative cost.then choose bar styles and then choose filtered resources total costs and choose line. click ok there u have ur s curve with cumulative costs shown on vertical and monthly cost on horizontal line. ofcourse primavera has ready s curves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back