Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to "pick many" in 2001? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxana

Mechanical
Jan 16, 2002
US
Hi there,

Does anybody know how to pick many dimensions to modify a tolerance or to set the dimensions to nominal values at one click?

Oxana

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you. Shift is better than nothing, but in 2000i there was a pick "pick many" when you could enclose required dimensions in a window; I believe that there was even a pick "pick all". Where are those picks now? In terms of the mapkey, I don't quite understand how you can write a command #MODIFY;#DIMENSION;#PICK MANY if the pick "PICK MANY" does not exist. I tried it anyway, and sure enough it took me to the MODIFY>DIMENSION only.

Oxana

In Pro/E 2001 (2001320) Drawing mode, this "Pick Many" Mapkey still works - you can draw a box around many dimensions and modify their properties all at once (tolerances, text style, etc).

It must be choosing commands that still exist "behind the scenes", although it may be disabled in later builds of Pro/E?

BTW - I first saw the suggestion for this mapkey on the pro-user email exploder - there's a lot more Pro/E tips available there...

Ed

Like Oxana I tried the mapkey, and was taken only to MODIFY>DIMENSION, with no PICK MANY. I am using build 2001320. Does some other setting need to be enabled in config.pro?

Dave,

Actually, the mapkey does work after all. I tried it again without any other special settings in config file, and it did work. I use 2002100 cut of Pro/E (release 2001). Good luck.

Oxana

OK, I obviously don't read these posts correctly - Prohow stated quite clearly in his post dated june 17 that the mapkey worked in drawing mode. I was trying to use it in model mode. It makes a big difference when you do what your told!

Dave

In part mode itself you can set tol_display option of cofig.pro to yes. This will allow to change the dimension properties like nominal, limit etc. Then modify-dimcosmetic-format will change dimension properties of multiple dimensions also,
regards
Yogesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back