Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to remove shadows from shaded views in Inventor 2014 drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG37

Mechanical
Aug 11, 2016
US
The company that I work for designs outdoor equipment and we create the consumer assembly instruction steps as inventor drawings. When we create the .ipn for the component explosion, we change the colors of all the components. We use snow for all the parts not included in the step and use cadet blue for the components that are part of the step and then bring it into the drawing as a shaded view. When doing this, Inventor adds a shadow at the drawing level to different faces and that sometime makes it hard to distinguish the parts for one another.
I was told that Inventor 2011 had a setting to make this not happen, but when moving to Inventor 2014, that changed. We are still on 2014 with plans for a future upgrade to whatever the newest release is at that time.
We need a work around so that the components that are not involved in the step being created basically shows up as wire frame with visible edges only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Brian

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not envy your designers - having a workflow that requires the systematic use of IPN.

Screen capture from Inventor 2017:

Untitled_pejvt6.png

I think you are trying to change these view properties in the IPN presentation... but to have proper control over the view style you must have an assembly set correctly first.
Make sure to save the view style (under representations) such as the "VIEW1" in my example.

STF

Ok, after trying sever options, I was able to create an appearance that does what I need. I am not sure what settings did what, but I got it on the first try. After that I was able to go in and change the color so that I have 3 different appearances to use in our IPN files.

Kind Regards,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back