Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove the rapid move from postprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingos

Aerospace
Jun 13, 2007
US
Hi all

How to remove the rapid move default rap1, rap2, rap3,

and my second quetion is

In attached picture 1 I have done drilling of 4 holes in one operation and output is very fine.

In picture 2
Separate drilling operation created for each four holes, when I take output for each operation it starts from first move, is there any solution to match the output as picture 1.

thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Create a new custom command e.g. PB_CMD_abort_event
put this bit of code in it:
MOM_abort_event

Place the new custom command PB_CMD_abort_event in the rapid move before the template blocks.

That is if you use postbuilder otherwise you could consider commenting the MOM_rapid_move procedure (#).

Jelmer

You will be alot happier if you can learn to live with rap1, rap2, rap3. I suppose you could abort the event, but I wouldn't recommend it. Just my opinion. To answer your other question, which isn't too clear, 'initial move' happens right after a tool change. First move is like an initial move but only happens if there is no tool change. In general, you should keep events the same in both events.
-Derek

Bingos,

There are 2 ways to get the output you displayed.
1 - use the Avoid option after you select the holes you will return to the dialog where you can append, optimize etc. or edit the hole selection. There will be an option to Avoid. Pick the first hole and then pick the last hole.
You will have an option to move to the clerance plane or a distance along the tool axis. This will cancel the cycle, retract up the tool axis, position to the next location and output the cycle again for each hole.

2- Within the cycle use the RTRCTO option and use distance.
You may need to change the option in Post Builder to
cancel cycle and retract. If you are using the AUTO
option then this will not give you the desired output.

John Joyce
Tata Technologies iKS
1675 Larimer St.
Denver, CO

Thanks John,

In post builders do we need to insert any custom command for this (cancel cycle and retract)

I have one more doubt

if i want to change the zero format to 0. For example X 0.00 should appear as X0. How to incorporate this with postbuilder,

Manually I have inserted the zero format in def file and it is working fine, but whenever i do save in post builder it looses all manual editing done in the def file.

Bingos,

No you should not need to add any custom command to support this. If you want to use the RTRCTO option with a distance then you may need to edit the cycle definition within post buildrr. There is a retract-to option on the cycle parameters. Set this to Cycle Off then Rapid Spindle.

To change the X0.00 to X0. or any other word format select the word summary tab in Post Builder and remove the checkmark for Trailing Zeros.
You should never manualy edit the .tcl and .def files.

John Joyce
Tata Technologies iKS
1675 Larimer St.
Denver, CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back