Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to rename any feature? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In Wildfire, there seems to be a glitch.
Pro/E can have spaced in the feature names, but every time I try to, I get "<insert name here> is not a valid name."

I don't understand why this is, if it's not a glitch. (I hate assuming it's a bug... so I'll call it a glitch for now.)

David

That's like oldschoold DOS days stuff!
Every other Windows-based software lets you have spaces...
It's not a big deal, but kinda dumb... Especially when the defaults have spaces.

David

In r2001 naming the feature is a perfect example of something that should be mapkeyed and then just take to where it allows you to pick other; surfaces

mapkey fn #DONE-RETURN;#SET UP;#NAME;

not having spaces is a bit odd, I find myself using underscores out of habit in all programs least on folder names and filenames

But I have found in doing VB programs that sometimes those spaces do create problems and underscores don't.

I'm new to this forum but there is a easier way to rename features. Go to view, model tree setup, column display, and move feature name to the right column. Now you look at your model tree and next to the feature pick in that column and type in your new name with no spaces and then pick out of it. Mine is set up that way all the time because I do alot of renaming because it helps doing better design intent for people that get a hold of your designs latter..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back