Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to replace mouse click-functions with keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

micrip

Civil/Environmental
Sep 30, 2006
GB
Is it possible to replace mouse click-functions with function-keys? I would like to use the mouse to place the cursor only and programme function keys to replace left/right click and double click of the mouse. By using the keyboard with the other hand it should be possible to prevent RSI (repetitive strain injury). Thanks S

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You mean you want to do things like place a tentative point using a function key. Accu-View might already do things like that. Check Help search for Accu-View or Accue-Draw.

Micrip,
Here it is cut and dry: Workspace>Function Keys... This will allow you to set what ever function you want to do. For example I set F1 to undo, F2 Zoom Window....etc. You have this ability and you can use key combinations with the function keys.
Let Me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Namdac

Actually, you can have virtually unlimited commands using the function keys.
Simply by making a few command files {each with different commands that you would want to use} then dedicate 1 or 2 function keys {with the shift/ctrl/alt that's up to 6 different command files} for switching between those files. Of course, you might want to map all those lovely commands and print it out so you remember what's what.

{Just posted this in another thread too. It's one of my favorite aspects of MS!}

For an exciting SciFi/Fantasy anthology by new author Matt "Dra'Gon" Stohler, go to

DraGon25,
Dude, you are like 4 months behind. You just rehashed what I have explained. What's up? Got to be on top of things in this industry. Program changes happen almost daily.
Regards,
Namdac
P.S. Command files are generally taken care of by most I.T. Depatments. They do not want anyone to mess with them. But, as with most of us, we do know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back