Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to resolve a catalog to use in CATIA Structure Design 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkwing

Mechanical
Dec 10, 2004
TR
Hi,

I am trying to model a simple container structure using CATIA Structure Design.

When I try to create shape, in the section entry, I select 'other section' option, then the catalogue browser opens, there is only the AISC Resolved Catalogue, but I want to use DIN Profiles, there is a DIN catalogue in StructuralCatalogues folder, but the DIn catalogue there is not 'resolved'. Structure Design does not accep that DIN Catalogue.

How can I change the DIN catalogue to 'resolve catalogue' in order to use it in Structure Design??

Regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm the Dassault Product Manager for all the STR Applications . In order to use the DIN catalog , you must "resolve" the sections . This is the normal procedure as a parametric definition is simply a nice way to package lots of sections economically but they don't exist in reality , they must have a specific partnumber.
For this , check the Sr1 documentation , this is explained very well in the SETUPchapter .Let me know if you still have problem .
AMD -

thank you for your reply.

By setup chapter, do you mean the part under the heading "Generating Resolved Parts from Parametric Parts" by using the command "CATCloGenerateResolvedParts.bat"??

I've tried it without success.

I would be very pleased if someone can explain step-by-step how to resolve DIN profiles catalog in Structure Design?

Regards

You need to use the command "CATCloGenerateResolvedParts.bat" to Generate Resolved Parts from Parametric Parts

1 - first prepare the DIN Parametric Parts , you must verify that the deisgn table containing the parameters and the vlaues of those parameters are correct .If you don't know , we will assume they are correct
2 - Create Directory to receive the resolved parts
3- Execute the CATCloGenerateResolvedParts.bat with the correct options (In particular the -app structure is mandatory)
4 - Add those generated sections to the catalog

Note: all those steps are described in the user documentation .

amdsoo -

Check STR Web site at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back