Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to send only drafting file hiding or removing 3D model linked to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imti7

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2023
IN
HI everyone,

I want to send a client drafting file to add some information from there end.
But i want to hide or lock 3D model linked to that drafting file.

or atleast i want to hide the feature design tree of the model, my boss don't want us to show the client what are all commands we have used to create the model, so they shouldn't be able to edit any parameters of model.

My only objective: to send the .prt file to client to see a drafting and model but they shouldn't see feature tree of the model when they open file there.

Im using NX12.0

thanks,
imtiyaz

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A little confused here, would a pdf work? It's pretty universal and with the right software it can be marked up. A big assumption being made is that you are only looking for either additional information or product design corrections, or maybe something similar. The marked up document could then be used to update the drawing.

NX 1980 Windows 10

We send out PDF's for drawings and STEP or parasolid files if they need access to the solid. If you really want to send out the prt file (I don't recommend it), you can freeze the drawing views before saving and only send the drawing file (assuming you are using the master model drawing method - separate model and drawing files).

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back