Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up a default title block

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTLuser

Mechanical
Jul 15, 2013
CA
Hi Everyone!
I have created a title block and have saved it as .frm file. Is there any way to have it come up as the default drawing format?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Put it in a drawing and then call that drawing file as your drawing template file.
Check the config.pro settings for drawing template location/definition.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

You can have both default formats and drawing templates.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

These are just some of the config file options that setup default behavior:
These two point to individual files:
drawing_setup_file
template_drawing

These point to file folders:
pro_format_dir
pro_dtl_setup_dir
start_model_dir
pro_symbol_dir

There are lots more.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

I set a default. Is it possible to set multiple defaults? I can only see one file in the drop down menu when I go to create a new drawing and there are a couple that I'd like to be able to see

Only one drawing template may be defined.
Multiple formats may be in the format directory and should all show up when browsing for a format.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

To expand on Ben's response - only one drawing template may be defined as the 'default' however any drawing files that are in the start_model_dir will be available as selectable templates in the bottom window. Multiple formats can be created and put into the pro_format_dir which will be available hitting the 'browse' button when using the 'empty with format' option. I have not found a way to populate the format drop down list box but this has never been an issue for me.

Hope that helps,

- J -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back