Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to simulate two pipe connecting with each other in HydroCAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy2014

Civil/Environmental
Feb 9, 2016
US
Hello,

Please see the following screen shot, one smaller pipe connect to one larger pipe, if there is manhole or junction at their connection, does anyone know how to simulate the connection them in HydroCAD? Just create two catch-basin and connect them?
two_pipes_connection_cvowkd.png

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Correct, use a catch-basin with a 54" culvert outlet. Since your arrangement will have a very low entrance loss going into the 54" culvert you can use a low Ke value for the entrance loss.

Peter Smart
HydroCAD Software

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I still do not know how to do that, do you mean I use a catch-basin with a 54" culvert and a 36" culvert, setup 54" culvert's "Routing" to be primary and setup 36" culvert's "Routing" to be device 1, like the following 1st screen shot? Or I use two catch-basin for 54" culvert and 36" culvert separately and let 36" culvert flow to 54" culvert, like the 2nd screen shot?

1st screen shot
36_54_cwrwcd.png

2nd screen shot
36-54_bavzcz.png

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, I just create the model like what you said, but I receive the warning: Pond Ex 54" ACCMSPP Submerged Pond Ex 36" CMP Primary device #1 INLET by 3.66', so how to deal with this case?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back