Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to start a specific version of Excel from NX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toost

Mechanical
Jan 18, 2011
SE
In my company, we have 3 versions of Excel, all possible to start and use. (- Don't ask me how it's done)
we have Excel 2003, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013 where the 2013 is a new, forced , install. ( We cannot avoid it.)
The problem is that NX7.5 which we use works ok with Excel 2010 but not 2013.

How to make NX start Excel 2010 ( Instead of 2013) when one for example RMB - Edit with Spreadsheet on a tabular note ?

Regards,
Tomas

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Toost, try opening a 2010 Spreadsheet and leaving it open before opening NX. Maybe the NX software will use the open application rather than trying to open in the most recent version available.

There is a file in the UG instllation that triggers the Excel launch. You can modify it to point to the version of Excel that you need for NX. We had to do this with V18 and Excel 97 when tghe compnay upgraded to Office2000.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Madlogger, starting the 2010 before starting Excel from NX has no effect. - I got 2 sessions of Excel 2013 on top of the Excel 2010...

Ben, sounds promising, the problem is to find this file.... My searches has so far not been successful.

Regards,
Tomas

I don't remember the exact name, but something like ug_excel.xla seems to come to mind. Search the NX install folders for *.xl*.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back