Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to stop Task Scheduler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADGemini

Mechanical
May 12, 2004
US
Hello All,

I need someone's help on this. I ran a task to update files in my design library. But forgot to set the time for after work hours. I would like to stop the task and create a new one for later in the day. I went to Task scheduler already and deleted the task from the list, along with all the sub-tasks. It is still cycling through all the files and saving them in 2006.

How can I stop the task?

P.S. It also really annoying that it has to open and close solidworks to perform this kind of task. I wish that it would just keep solidworks open while doing this. It is starting to give me a headache looking at the screen flashing all the time.

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2006 SP0.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Stop the process in the Task Manager.

or

Pull the plug?

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of faq559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions faq559-1091

I understand it may seem annoying if we run TScheduler on regular working hours, but the opening and closing of SW has two purposes: to avoid irregular updates of similar files in different folders and to close the process if needed. Check that there is a period of time you can configure to kill SW, if it hangs.

Daniel
PS: there is always a SWBoengine procees runninh. stop that process

careful stopping it with Task Manager, it messed up all my SW settings after I did that. VAR said it is a bug.

Chris
Sr. Mechanical Designer, CAD
SolidWorks 05 SP3.1 / PDMWorks 05
ctopher's home site (updated 06-21-05)
FAQ559-1100
FAQ559-716

Thanks to All,

I took an early lunch and by the time I got back the task was done. I hope that they can improve upon the task scheduler in future releases.

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2006 SP0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back