Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to suppress warning messages for old NXOpen dll files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms_nadeem

Mechanical
Oct 22, 2019
PL
Hello guys,

I have NX 1996 version, and whenever I open this newer version, I am receiving a warning stating ''c:\program files\siemens\nx\topology_optimization\startup\frustumnx.dll is signed at unknown release while the current version of nx is nx 1996 the difference between versions is too great and it is expected that this program be recompiled''. How can I eliminate this warning message on startup and any better solution to fix it ????

Kind regards
Nadeem

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

NX 1996 is actually the latest patch for the 1980 series.

What version did you upgrade from? I'd suggest checking in the GTAC downloads to see if they have an updated version of the topology optimization module. There is a version for download in the 1953 series folder, but I don't see one in the 1980 series. Perhaps the 1953 version also works for 1980, or maybe they just haven't updated it yet.

www.nxjournaling.com

They changed the code for the licensing tool in 1926, so now NX will generate these warnings if NXOpen plugins were signed more than two(-ish) "series"-versions below the current one. This is something only the developer of the plugin can fix. As a user, you can only be on the lookout for the latest compatible version of the plugin, like cowsky said, and complain to the developer if they didn't fork one out yet.

So I just double-checked it, you actually can suppress that warning with a customer default: Gateway-General-Automation - uncheck "Show warning when loading".

However, whenever a newer version of the plugin exists, you're better off using it instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back