Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to sync the Assy navigator order from Modeling file to its respective drawing file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCS153518

Automotive
Apr 14, 2007
US
Hello All,
Using NX2027 and TC 13. We use master model concept. I wanted to copy the Assembly Navigation order that I have set up in Modeling to copy over to drawing ( specification ) file. How do I do this?

Appreciate any help on this..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you explain what it is you are attempting to do a little further ?
Are we speaking about the assembly navigator ?

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

The navigation order is part specific and I don't think you can inherit the order in the drawing file. I'd suggest trying the following (I'm unsure if it will work or not): open the drawing file, make the assembly the work part and apply your saved navigator order, then make the drawing the work part again. If you are lucky, the navigator order will be as you want.

www.nxjournaling.com

In your drawing select the main node in the ANT with right mouse click -> Navigation Order -> Edit Orders in Part.
There you can copy an existing Order and selcet under Action "Use Subassambly Order".

Note: if the Option "Use Subassambly Order" is active, you no longer are able to edit the order of the subassambly in the context of your main assembly

I hope this helps

Regards
Faruk

I still do not understand the original question.
Copy what "Order" to where ?
To the Partslist ?
For what purpose ?

The NX Assembly does not have "an order" . I have heard that the assembly in Creo has an order. NX has not,
The NX assembly navigator is a working tool, similar to a file browser where you can sort depending on what information you are looking for at the moment.
It's not something for documentation. For example you can add a column which displays a user defined attribute and then sort the navigator on this .

The NX partslist has sorting rules, completely separate from the assembly navigator, nothing common.

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

In the Assembly Navigator of UGMASTER (3D )I set up the Navigator order and give a name "Final Assembly ". I wanted to know how to get this "Final Assembly" Navigator order into Manifestation type dataset (2D dataset) , so I can make the partlist show that navigator order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back