Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Turn Off 3D Rotation On Workstation Without Spaceball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4mranch6

Aerospace
Jul 28, 2008
US
One of our users is creating line geometry in model space and their UG/NX 7.5 Dell workstation does not have a spaceball type device. Is there a way to lock rotation so it is easier for them to work on one plane?

Thank you for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"F8" will roatate to the closest straight on view, but after that he would like to be able to lock it similar to the 3D Lock button on my 3D Connection spaceball. His workstation does not have a spaceball.

Old habits are difficult to change and he is accidently manipulating his mouse while in Modeling and rotating the part. Just thought there might be a way to lock this so this would be a non-issue.

I don't know of a way to lock out rotations from the mouse; but you can set the work plane which can be set to make all selections on the plane only. Perhaps this option would help?

Preferences -> Grid and work plane: turn on the show grid, dim objects, and make non-selectable options.

www.nxjournaling.com

Thanks cowski, I will pass that on to the user. He is creating a schematic in model space using snap to grid for his locator of the line end points.

Yes, starting with NX 9.0 there is a new 'Lock Rotations' option on the View Pop-Up menu which will prevent the view from being rotated using either the middle mouse button or a Spaceball. This 'Lock Rotations' option is a simple ON/OFF toggle.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Look into setting the Function I-deas keys in your UGII file.

UGII_FKEY_DYNAMICS = 1

This makes it so you can have F1 to pan F2 for zoom and F3 lets you rotate the part.

I do not know if this is what you are after. A suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back