Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use a catscript to insert a title block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbydefault

Aerospace
Apr 5, 2010
US
I have a .catscript file that another person at my company found to create title blocks in drawings. A former employee set it up for him, and now we can't figure out how to implement it on other computers. We would like to set it up so that when we are in the sheet background view and we click insert>drawing>frame and title block we are able to select the title block that the script is supposed to create.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

you can call that script from background view if you define it in options>mechical design>drafting>layout>background view>fill in path were you're script is located

*restart catia to implement the changes*

You now can go to background and call you're script via the icon on the right (Frame and Title block)

Regards.

Hey,

I had to figure this out myself, if you go to Tool>Macros, it will open up your macro library, if you place the frame and title block you want to use in that folder, it will appear the next time you try to insert a title block. Mine for example is located here:

C:\Catia\Dassault_Systemes\B19\intel_a\VBScript\FrameTitleBlock

Yours might be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back