Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Use Block styler (.dlx) with Knowledge Fusion classes (.dfa) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RareEarth

Computer
Nov 15, 2010
HU
NX UI stylers (.dlg legacy) are convenient to make and goes hand in hand with Knowledge Fusion classes(.dfa), I mean to say it gets instantly linked with UI via matching attribute names(.dfa->.dlg).

Currently, I am usning NX9 and observe that now a day’s the “UI styler” are getting replaced by “Block stylers” (.dlx) for betterment in NX-Open, can anyone help me out to know whether, I can use “Block Styler” with KF Class similar to UI? (.dfa->.dlx)

If the answer is yes, it will be grateful if you can put any clue to get binding string.

Thanks in Advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It works a bit different (easier?) with BlockStyler.
You define a KF class that extends the %ui_comp class. Your class can then define dialog blocks using instances of %ui_comp_??? classes.
Its hard to describe the entire details of how to do it here, but I'll attach an example class file of mine and maybe you can work it out from there.
Note that the example class file references bitmaps etc for some of the blocks, but I have not included those, so the class will not work as-is.

Graham Inchley, Systems Developer, Sandvik Coromant. HP EliteBook 8760w, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP4 64bit
Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Dear Graham,
Your post is helpful to understand the working of BlockStyler with KF!
At the same time, I am bit surprise to see that it is not working as UI-Styler use to.

Thanks for your prompt support.

Regards,
Amit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back