Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to use the wind load pattern in SAP2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikykas

Structural
Dec 4, 2011
IL
Hi everyone, I'm trying to use SAP2000 v16.1.1 wind load pattern with the EC1-20005 . Do someone know a tutorial that explains step by step this subject? (I have already tried the SAP2000 tutorial and still ...[ponder]) .
Thanks' a lot.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Use "Expose to area object" option in load pattern window for EN1991-4 (define->load pattern) on automatic wind load window. After that use null section area objects to model curtain wall and apply wind pressure coefficients for each wind load (from menu Assign->Area load->wind pressure coefficients) to each surface according EN1991-4 chapter 7.

Use this material for coefficients and methods:

If you assigned rigid diaphragms, you could apply the wind load using auto lateral wind load option "Exposure from extents of rigid diaphragms", which would save you from having to model null elements.

Of course, some structures are not suited for rigid diaphragm assumption. I don't believe open frame lattice structures could use this option either, since there would be no wall

"Exposure from extents of rigid diaphragms" is very helful for buildings, where only horizontal wind force components are assumed to act.
On the other hand, "Expose to area object" covers a greater range of cases, such as sloped roofs, but requires some more input action by the user.

Structural Engineer, PhD
Structural engineering software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back