Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to work in Formula1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOLFF

Mechanical
Sep 23, 2007
TH
Work in Formula1 is my dream. Can anyone tell me the way or possibility to work in F1 ?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a whole page ad in this month'sPE for "Force India formula 1 team". Pretty much all fields are covered. They may last a season or two...

- Steve

Go for it. I love F1, and to see someone that has a dream of being a part of it get there would be really cool. Start with the F1 website and start wrting letters. Every team actually has strong recruiting efforts every year.

I have always had the dream of learning how to fly. Thanks to a local club, and another automotive shop owner I'm now only a few more hours of instruction away from solo-ing.

Keep me posted, I'm pulling for you to make it. and it would be cool to see a shop of you on SPEED Network next year or two.

BTW, while I have never tried. I just may have the connections that could help if you need me to. I am pretty sure I know a few people that have been connected to the series. Whether they are still in position to lend assistance or not I'm not sure but the worst that they could say is they can't help.

So can we expect to see major exemptions from the rules if they threaten to pack up and go home if the ruling body does not give in to them.

Regards

eng-tips, by professional engineers for professional engineers
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

;-)

Regards

eng-tips, by professional engineers for professional engineers
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Hi Golff
OK so you've read the advice, pretty daunting isnt it?
So if you really want to get into F1 follow a very good friends path

Flew to Australia to watch Subaru testing in bush for Rally Aus'.... on the off chance of meeting "God" Mcrae, bypass the tyre company who said yeah come over meet Colin ... get a ride in the car ....blah blah blah... Use you mouth to communicate with as many people as possible.... Get your ridw with CM .... wear Subaru overalls, pick up tools clean windscreens, get someone to take pictures... Come home write to every race rally team in UK send pictures.... get interviews... learn to drive HGVs in a week.... transport formula cars over UK and Europe....get job with F1 team as driver....no not of car but truck!!!...move teams.... several times .... hug Jackie Stuart on finish line when team wins F1 race ....shown the world over on TV ..... talk talk talk to people in the team, and dont stop moving teams.... long hours, many countries, long hours, ...

This friend is now still in F1 promotions, shorter hours lots of cash brilliant lifestyle... GO FOR IT and remember F1 is IF backwards....ta Murray..come back soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back