Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How will American Free Trade affect the Americas and Engineering? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolfMeeting

Bioengineer
Nov 1, 2005
US
How will American Free Trade affect the Americas and Engineering?

What will it do for us engineers?

I have seen where workers from Canada are in Venezuala this week protesting Americas Free Trade Agreement proposal. I don't know anything about it either way, but I am sure it will affect us all.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So main ideas are free trade will level prices and wages all over the world. But on the other hand all products will became cheaper, because of free trade (it works two ways).

Main concern for USA should be their way fo treating incoming / outgoing goods / persons. Nowadays we don't like to order from the USA (we settle in Holland), because it takes too much time for goods to arrive.

Hi Guys m fom india.M totally agreeing with this part that the salaries will come up for the 3rd world people and fou guys you have to face some friction.
But that doesnt mean that you dont have chnce to move up.Even we people in India are also facing prob from china on price issue.I think the only determining factor during this period of time is technology which you people have.
I think we have to develop more and more innovative technologies for people which effect them in day to day life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back