Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

HP Designjet 650C plotting incorrectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikonen

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2005
US
I just installed a new computer with XP Pro the same thing my old computer was using and I installed my print server and the drivers for the plotter and also installed SW2008 and running at the latest service pack now I can't get my plotter to print without cropping off the bottom of my prints. Anyone else ever experience this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I will follow this thread carefully, since my VAR told me that SW wont print to the 650C. I have never been able to do so. Using SW since 2003. Most of my printing is done on "B" size anyway and I have an HP 8850 for that, but it would be helpful occasionally to print large format.
Chuck

rikonen,

Are you using the latest drivers from HP?

The 600 series printers are getting to be a bit long in the tooth now. Is HP still updating its drivers for newer applications?

[cheers]

rikonen,

Not having any problems with our 650C but I'm on SW2008 SP2. Only print "D" size on this plotter. I believe when we installed it a year ago I used the latest driver available. And no I don't think they are updating drivers for new apps. I would be interested if problems are developing with service packs later than 2.0

Dennis

SolidWorks 2008 SP2
Windows XP Pro, Pentium4 3.00GHz
1GB RAM, Nvidia FX500
Logitech Marble Mouse, SpaceExplorer

rikonen,

We are using an HP DesignJet 650C, and it mostly works fine. We have not updated drivers for it lately, as far as I know. It is connected to a server somewhere.

Did your printer work before and is not working now?

JHG

I can print to it using the selection method and setting the window as far down as I can without the border overlapping any of the border but I can't just hit print and print all sheets without it chopping the bottom of the prints off. I draw with a size D border and print ARCH D on the printer. I have never had an issue with my old computer and SW2007, I installed this new computer and installed SW2008 and now this is an issue. I have the last Drivers that HP has and these are the same drivers I used on my old computer as well. Same operating system as well which is XP Professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back