Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HRSG Acoustic cleaning system

Status
Not open for further replies.

komecha

Mechanical
May 18, 2001
KR
hi, I'm with a combined cycle power plant.
I'm charge of HRSG[heat recovery steam generator] maintenance.
I need a help. Our gas turbine fuel is a LSWR, and HRSG has a lot of soot & chemical dust. Therfore, much dust is out of the main stack.
And HRSG has soot blower systems. but we can't use soot blower system in the future because of supervising TMS by environment organizaion.
If we don't operate soot blower and use a acoustic system,
What happen or effect?
If you have a good method , please ....

Best Regards
komeca

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

By acoustic system, you mean a silencer, I guess. If that so, your silencer will get clogged after a certain time and the efficiency of the silencer will be reduced if not reduced to nothing.

I've heard of a magnesium plant which had problem with clogging caused by fine dust. They got a partial answer by having a thin layer of high density mineralwool om the silencer's surface which the scrap away regularly. Another solution could be active noise controll, but I don't know how the speakers would be affected by the soot.

Someone has other ideas?

OkdB

Dear Mr.OkdB

Thank to your concerns.

Acoustic cleaning system is a cleaning equipment for soot and dust on fin tube under HRSG operation.
Now, we have a soot blower system for soot and dust cleaning on fin tube.
but we have big problem under this system operation caused by too much dust quantity out of main stack.
In case of we use acoustic cleaning system instead of soot blower system for dust & soot cleaning on fin tube I want know acoustic cleaning system' effecton.

I'm sorry that i can't well english.

Best Regard,
Komecha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back