Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HS-95 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

filocco

Mechanical
Jul 5, 2012
AR
filocco (Mechanical) Jul 10, 2012
Hello I have problem with the sensor HS-95.
SS cutting rises unexpectedly
What can be done?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That style of cutting head is famous for this type of problem. If at some point the head crashes into something, the insulator inside the cone gets cracked. The only time it causes a problem is when there is gas pressure applied and it forces the inner cone close to the exterior. The height sensing function then reads the outside of the cone instead of the material.

The long and short is that the cone is damaged beyond repair. Replacing it will cure the problem.

Thanks for the reply!
Unfortunately we are in Argentina and is a country that goes against all logic! We currently have trouble importing parts from overseas.

Question:
You can make this insulation?
What would be the appropriate material to isolate the high frequency of the sensor?
May be teflon or Grilon?
I will appreciate your response!

To cut stainless steel without the sensor on, I regulate the sheet thickness, the height of the nose and increase the nitrogen pressure (clean cut) to value??
Consider 2mm thick will be cut with 1500watts.

I have doubts as covet million this with me at the foot of my machine!

When we cut steel (SAE1010) 1.6mm thick, as the tips do not burn? especially where there are pieces with slots little room, if I go burn rate if we lower the speed and frequency is as a saw ... is a real issue!

The problem is that my machine did not bring all cutting boards charged in NC, and is difficult not to have them make a good cut. You know where I can get? Fanuc laser data are: C1500B 1995.

Of course grateful for your response!

Okay,

Please do not flag this. Or remove the post. I do profit or benefit from this company sales.

Laser Experts may be able to help. I know they have at least one machine they have imported to your country and maybe they can get you a new cone also.

Cutting stainless: You can turn the sensor off by turning on the "trace off" light. (confusing, I know).

In the upper right corner of the cutting condition page is a parameter called "thickness". Make this value your material thickness, + nozzle gap, + 0.5mm. That will set the cutting height.

This may not be exact. You may have to adjust "thickness" higher or lower if the Z height is not calibrated correctly.

I do not know the material SAE1010 If it is steel, you can cut it the same as you cut stainless steel. If it is stainless, you have to post a picture so I can see what is happening.

Also, You can use the roller ball head. It should have come with the machine.

I had an alpha for 10 years and this problem occurred a few times. It was never the head that needed replacing. Some times by doing a calibration on the Hs-95 it sorted the problem. Make sure the setting on the side of the machine are 8.9, -8.9 and 0. If this fails you may need a new sensor cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back