Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HS-98 overtravel problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have no idea as to what machine you have but is it possible your cutting grates are worn, assuming this is a flat machine? If so put some hoops of banding on the table to lift the material.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

I don't know if you got this figured out yet, it is the grid shift. You have to change the parameter 1850 Z.

What has happened is the head has crashed at some point, and the coupling between the servo and the screw has slipped. It is designed to do this. Because it slipped, the position of the z axis has shifted up just a bit.

** I do not recommend doing this unless you are very careful and can understand and follow the instruction exactly.**

MDI mode
Offset setting (Hard Key)
Setting (Soft key)
It should say "parameter write 1:enable 0: disable

Type the number "1" INPUT

System (Hard Key)
PARAM (Soft key)
type in the number 1850 "NO.SRH" (soft key)
Write done everything on that page.

High light just the value for Z type the number you want then hit "INPUT".

Offset setting (Hard Key)

"0" INPUT then hit RESET to clear the alarm.

If you want to move it 0.020" (inches) then

20X25=500.

take the original value and add or subtract 500 depending on which way you want to go.

Thats looks easy enough for me. [smarty] I usually getting alarm when Z is -0.06
HS-98 suppose to work with minimum 20 gage materials. But I'm cutting 24 gage.Thats a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back