Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

HVAC application 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenJcan

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2001
US
I am looking for an application that will do heating and cooling calculations and be able to suggest the best system to cool/heat the space.
Whether it be DX systems or a chiller system. Does anyone know a program having these properties?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You other post about infiltration in the Thermodynamic Forum disappeared but here is the reply.

Infiltration through gaps

Type Observation m[sup]3[/sup]/h per meter of gap

Code:
Windows
Normal                                  3.0
Tilting (louvers)                       3.0
Guillotine (wood)      lose fit         6.5
                       tight fit        2.0
Guillotine (metal)     metal contact    4.5
                       sealed (rubber)  1.8                 

Doors                  lose fit        13.0
                       tight fit        6.5

Remarks
The width of the gap is considered 4.5 mm
Based on wind velocity 15 km/hr

Steven van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

Would it be possible to site the source of your info?
I would like to see how the tests were done; if it was a typical metal building warehouse, average louver construction.
We are having problems with shoddy workmanship but yet we are also trying to calculate a reasonable safety factor using field measurements. If you could give me a source for this info that would be great. Thanks.

Original:
Air Conditioning Engineering, Second Edition
W.P. Jones
Edward Arnold Publishers Limited, London
ISBN 0-7131-3312-0

I am using a portuguese translation, which have some minor modifications according to Brazilian Standards (ABNT)
Engenharia da Ar Condicionado
ISBN: 85-7001-121-0

Regards
Steven van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

Your initial question in this forum was on computer programs for heating/cooling loads and equipment. I used on from Trane which was fairly easy to use and pretty decent. This was a few years ago, so it may have been upgraded since then. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the program.

The TRANE System Analyzer software is an excellent tool to do a quick Life Cycle Cost Analysis of several HVAC system alternatives. It does the heating/cooling loads, system/equipment part load simulation for an entire year, has equipment and system cost data, utility rates for cities all over the world and templates of various building types that can be easily modified to more closely model your particular building. It's about $1000 for a single license and $1500 for a LAN/site license for 5 users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back