Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hybrid membrane/absorption compact system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelpino

Chemical
Nov 1, 2002
IT
Hy all,
i'm interesting in processes regarding COMPACT absorption systems useful to purify a gas stream, to extract some polluttant with for example some hybrid system membrane/absorber.
Anyone know something about this kind of systems?
Any information or idea also about other compact cleaning systems would be glad.

best regards

gelpino

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I don' think there is enough information here to help you.

What do you mean by COMPACT? Is this a brand name? (as in Compact Membrane systems?) Or do you just want a smaller footprint? Is this for a lab scale process so you just want something small, or is it for a space limited system with large flows?

What gases are involved and at what pressure?

Hybrid systems are in use for certain applications, usually using the membrane for a rough cut and a polishing unit.

Dave

Hy
I refer to system in wich you have for example a reformed gas but not only(H2,CO2,CO,H2S,HCl,CH4,...) and you want to absorb for example H2S and CO2 using some fluids as amine or other but after this have flow through a membrane...to have a system with smaller size (compact)....have anybody some info about this....i think it's interesting system with interesting application.
Thanks in advance

gelpino

Ok, I have a better idea now.

I know that membrane hybrid systems are used in both configurations (adsorber/membrane, membrane/adsorber) Both can be set up to lower foot print. However, I work in R&D, so specific system design is not my forte.

Most of the industrial gas companies (in this I mean companies selling permanent gases such as oxygen, not natural gas companies or refiners) have a membrane division or subcontract, so I would contact Air Liquide (my company, to meet full disclosure) , Air Products, Praxair etc. UOP also does this. There is a significant amount of information available on the various company websites. (search on membrane)

Hope this helps

Dave Hasse
dave.hasse@airliquide.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back