Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hydraflow 2004 - Delmarva Unit hydrograph 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwkdesign

Civil/Environmental
Apr 12, 2007
US
I am using the 2004 vs. of Hydraflow and was wondering how you enter the delmarva unit hydrograph into the program. Does anyone have the .cds file type for this or experience with it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try this:

Intelisolve
307 Galax Ridge
Salem, SC 29676

Email:
support@intelisolve.com

Phone:
(864) 944-8685
9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (EST) M-F
Fax: (864) 944-5737

Possibly you're confusing Hydraflow with HydroCad ? I believe HydroCad and WIN TR-55 both use the DelMarVa distribution but I don't think HydraFlow 2007 does. Can't remember if Hydraflow 2004 does or not.

good luck

That is the problem, I am utilizing the SCS Type III Hydrograph, altering the shape factor to 285 from the 484 but am not certain that this is correctly utilizing the delmarva unit hydrograph.

Thanks for you thought, I am going to give them a call tomorrow.

Regardless of the software you use, that the Unit Hydrograph selection is completely independent of the rainfall selection (Type II, etc.).

HydroCAD can be used with any UH you wish. The SCS UH is the default, but you can select other UH's tables (such as Delmarva) on the UH tab of the calculation settings.

jwkdesign:

I assume you are designing in Delaware (since wanting to use the Delmarva UH).

It is my understanding that adjusting the shape factor alone is not sufficient to model the Delmarva UH.

In looking at the approved software list from DNREC, it lists Hydraflow as supporting the Delmarva UH. As mentioned, I would contact their support if implementation is not a specific Delmarva UH setting.

Again...if this is in fact Delaware, one must use Type II not Type III 24 hr rainfall distribution.

I contacted Intellisolve and technical support indicated changing the shape factor does the job. We are working in southern new jersey which requires the use of the Del UH and utilizatio of the Type III 24-hr rainfall distribution.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back