Hydrocyclone modelling in CFX

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariconEagles

Mechanical
Feb 24, 2005
HK
Hi Guyz,

I am new to this hydrocyclone thing and would like to have some good tips on how to properly run this in CFX. I already got the hydrocyclone geometry and I would like to simulate how the solids (sand, limestones, quartz) separate from water with given speed of 2mps.

How can I see if my simulation results are correct? What are the parameters needed to have a successful analysis run? What are the metrics to be use if I want to see if the hydrocyclone model is suited for these particle sizes like how can I demonstrate or show in cfx-post that there are some small particles leaving my overflow, etc...

Hoping you could help me on this one. Thanks guys! =)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

First of all you have to read your global inbalances, and if your run target have been met.
For example you can reach your maximun number of iteration, but your imbalances are not good enough or your RMS and MAX residual have not been met either.

I usually define, as a convergence criteria, the RSM target at 10E-6 and the global inbalances to 0.01%
These are my convergence criteria, and they will depend upon my work, If it is for a thesis I have to get better RSM target and global inbalances, but for engineering practices those are good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back