Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinking to retrieve/display a .jpg picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrGilberto

Mechanical
Oct 13, 2004
US
Hello all,
Thanks in advance.
I would like to know how to specify a hyperlink that will retrieve/display a .jpg picture from my workspace or from commonspace. I can do this when the picture is located on a local or network drive, but I've not figured out how to do it when the picture is stored in my workspace or commonspace.

(We use WF2 and Intralink 3.4)

Thanks,
SrGilberto

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Any workspace you have created in Intralink is stored locally on your computer's hard drive (Mine are stored at C:\ProeData\ilink_ws\.proi). The thing to note is that a JPG isn't stored as a .jpg file. All files in a workspace are stored with a number after the file extension (i.e. my_design_part.prt.8465). So, search in your workspace on your hard drive for a file with 'jpg' in the file name.

The only problem is that you can't view the picture simply by opening the file in this format. You have to remove the extra extension from the file name so that it is .jpg. And, due to the version control of Intralink, every time you save a picture under the same file name, it creates a new file with a different number extension (i.e. my_design_part.prt.8466). So, you can't simply create a hyperlink to the jpg file and have it updated every time you save under the same name.

IOW, hyperlinking to a .jpg file created through WF in Intralink is useless, unless you can figure out some way I don't know of. Sorry.

-slb83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back