Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hypermesh connecting meshes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schuschi

Automotive
Nov 6, 2010
DE
Hi,

I've been working with Hypermesh for 1 week and need some help. I've got some problems with connecting the created meshes for the calculation. I have drawn and meshed the parts I needed and put the boundary conditions and forces on different elements. When I simulated the results in hyperview the part with the force is gone and the other parts have no displacement so I think they arent connected. The meched surfaces don't touch each other but the thickness of the meched surfaces should exactely touch.
Which commands do I have to use for connecting the parts.

Many thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Edges panel on the Tools page is the easiest way to check for disconnected elements and merge coincident/detached nodes:
1) In the edges panel, select the components or elements you suspect have detached elements
2) Click find edges to draw red line (plotel) elements at the edges of the model. If you see a red line going through the middle of your model you have disconnected elements
3) Set the tolerance smaller than your smallest element size
4) Click Preview Equiv to see which nodes HyperMesh plans to equivalence. Make sure these nodes are on the red line elements otherwise you will collapse parts of your model.
5) Click Equivalence to combine the nodes and Preview Equiv again to verify the model is now correct.

Regards,
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back