Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HYSYS 3-phase separator for oil - inputting data

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericsousa

Chemical
Feb 9, 2007
ID
Hello,
I'm currently playing around with HYSYS 3.1, using it for gas-crude oil-water separation.
I have no problem of putting the oil's TBP assay data into HYSYS.
But I'm confused with other data at hand. For instance, how to input water-cut and GOR value into the model?
I have the volume flow data for gas, oil, and water. But how to present it in HYSYS?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Water is just added as an additional separate pure component in HYSYS. You can define a new stream, consisting of pure water, and mix it with the crude stream that you defined.
Similarly with light ends. You will almost always find that flashing the assay stream at the test conditions will not give you the right GOR. So, dependent on what number you think is right, you could add more gas to the mixture (with a composition equal to the flashed gas) until you reach the right GOR, or leave the assay intact, and accept the discrepancy.

Cheers,
Joerd

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Just one addition to Joerds excellent advice:

Always clear you do with the reservoir eng - because they have a hard time understanding the problem about GOR from reservoir simulation vs. GOR from samples. Normally i would recommend that you "add light ends" as Joerd describes because it gives you the least problems with the reservoir eng. in the long run.

Best regards

Morten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back