Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hysys Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonioshaga

Chemical
Feb 17, 2016
AU
Hi everyone,

I have a question relate to the Hysys. fro example when pressure control is fail close it can cause the pressure in vessel rises( back flow pressure).so I want to Convert PI to a transmitter and add a high pressure alarm. For this to count as a layer of protection we would need to check how fast the pressure rises if PV fails closed – there needs to be enough time for the operator to react to the alarm.
that we can you Hysys to calculate time? if we can use Hysys, can you give me the step or any example relate to this problem?

Thanks

Best Regards

Shaga

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is a dynamic process so you have to use Hysys Dynamics for simulation of vessel pressurization.

Configure the vessel (dimensions, volume), inlet and outlet streams, conditions etc. in steady state first (normal operating conditions).
Each stream should have a control valve with known Cv: PCV on gas outlet, LCV on liquid outlet, and use e.g. FCV for the feed stream.
Then, set the overhead PCV manually to go into fully closed position and monitor pressure rise inside the vessel.
There are nice examples in Hysys Dynamics Manual. See attached file and also - all this is available online.

Dejan IVANOVIC
Process Engineer, MSChE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back