Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

hyundai i45/sonata GDI 2.4 engine recall 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

clough69

Mechanical
May 11, 2017
AU
does anyone have information on the recall of the GDI engines for dirt and swarf left in the engine from the production we got a recall letter from them and I have been complaining for over two years about noises and other engine related faults I heard that the engineer from Hyundai released all the internal reports and that is what started the recall. In the USA they had it recalled before here in Australia. Any links to the data or other reports would be helpful as even there own training department one year ago before the letter said it was normal as I am a mechanical engineer I know and dirt left in an engine will cause other faults that I am getting eg excess oil consumption/stuck oil-driven VVTI/nosey lifters and such thanks for your time [ponder]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you got the recall notice, then what's the problem? Take the car in and let them do what they need to do.

A friend of mine had one of those, and it seized up on the highway before he got a chance to take it in. He got a new engine.

just got a call from the Hyundai dealership here in Mandurah Western Australia and they said it is not covered but there was a class action lawsuit in the USA because of their denials see Hyundai Australia is doing the same thing I just want some links to the engineers report that started the ball rolling just want all information so I can read it and then take further it has taken over a year for the takata airbag recall to become known here i saw in on Goodmorning America last year i point to the engine recall was i 2015 see thanks

Punctuation not a priority I see. Or maybe emotion is just running high.

Hittingtheenterkeyafewtimesattheendofthesentencewouldbebetterthannothing.

Good luck in your quest.

Dan T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back