Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I asked this question before in the past, but now I need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny123

Mechanical
Apr 25, 2007
US
I have designed and received a patent for a ZERO FLOAT VALVE for the internal combustion engine. I noticed that at two key points in its operation that it could actually capture lost energy during the exhaust stroke of the engine. I designed this for use in the commercial industry, works for cars also.
Does anyone know of any other design that can do this or is this a first?
I also like to know if anyone has ever built an engine using a zero float valve system to the same specifications as a poppet valve engine. I like to know what the difference in horse power was.

Regards
Lenny123

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"would lead to high heat losses and high unburned-fuel emissions"

Not necessarily, We could re ignite them (the gases)in a power recovery turbine, coupled to the crankshaft through a viscous fluid coupling.

or, the power recovery turbine might be used to charge a bank of batteries, thus qualifying for green energy grants.

See, "It's just a question of putting together the right design that works."

If I just had Tony Stark's machine shop, I'd show you guys!

A simple test.

Assemble an engine without piston rings. Turn it over with a tension wrench set to just turn the engine without clicking or whatever it is yours does at a set tension. Now do a compression test.

Now do it again with the rings installed. Note friction by change in tension wrench settings required to turn it without clicking and new compression.

Note the relationship between friction and seal even at constant room temperature without aggressive, dirty, corrosive gasses present.

Now think about how that might impact on your idea.

I am still waiting on the solution to my problem of how to travel at many times the speed of light. Heck I will even settle for criticism without a solution if anyone thinks it is a stupid idea.

Regards
Pat
See FAQ731-376 for tips on use of eng-tips by professional engineers &
for site rules

Pat,

You asked an easy one. Get yerself a big bucket of tachyons for fuel, and I'll build the engine for you (but I call shotgun on the first ride).

Thank you all for your input,the good the bad and the ugly. The feedback not the movie. I'll just have to see what the future holds for me and this patent.
I don't need any more feedback so don't post here.

Suzuki produced a 90s model trailbike (r.m.x.250 cc) that has a sliding sleeve on the exhaust port Lenny, which rotated to change the exhaust timing, so obviously where there is a will there is a way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back