Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I-Deas 9 M-plot printing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrela

Mar 27, 2014
GB
Hi,

I've a big problem with I-deas and M-plot.

M-PLOT is working on 3 Pc's, but now I've an issue with a new PC I've just installed I-deas on it.

When I'm in I-Deas, "Design" - "Master Drafting" and select M-PLOT, I got this error : "Error Program file by given name cannot be found"

Can you please help me with this ?

Thank you
carrela

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Via a custom button on the right side. M-Plot is installed on a network share and is working fine on 3 others PC.

I'm using the same windows logon, it's a not a right issue. I think something is missing or a wrong configuration.

Thank you

The .icn file for each users where modified in 2007... It's look like they are OK.

Another idea where to look ?

Perhaps a configuration or somenthing to install on the client PC ?

How about the system enviroment Variables settings? Compare and make sure there is not a variable setting set different between the two machines in this location. Years ago we had to set a certain enviroment variable to get our plotting program to work. It was SDI_OVERRIDE_HOME and for the variable name was c:\ideasprinting.

Probably not the same issue but what could it hurt mentioningit.

Thank you.

Yes, I have already compared the Environement varible and on both PC it go to a network share. And the variable are the same.

What exactly do the "m-Plot" when we click on it ? I mean the porcess after clicking.

It runs the program file that is defined in the appropriate line in masterdrafting.icn. This may be mplot_draft.prg directly or a wrapper you have written yourselves.

Hi,

Here ar some line of my masterdrafting.icn file :

macro i27 (Trait d'axe) () (T:\ims7\divers\attr_trait_d_axe.prg)
geom 1000
line 100 100 260 260 1 0 1
line 313 313 367 367 1 0 1
line 420 420 580 580 1 0 1
line 633 633 687 687 1 0 1
line 740 740 900 900 1 0 1
end
macro i27 (Cotation) () (T:\ims7\divers\attr_cotation.prg)
geom 1000

I have a folder "imss7" with a lot of .pgr file

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back