Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i feel the need the need for speeds and feeds !! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eski1

Mechanical
Jun 15, 2004
GB
hi just wanted to know if there is a web site that has useful speeds and feeds tables for machining stainless steel , steel , aluminium and brass these are for use with both a vertical cnc mill and a cnc lathe max rpm 3000 on both . Bascially are machining department is going through alot of tooling and i think a few laminated charts reminding them of the speeds and feeds and if possible how deep a cut to take wouldn't go a miss . Both machines work in mm/ minute and rpm to it would be helpful if the charts were in this
thanks in advance for any response
cheers chris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, those are two different lines in the program, seperated by a linear move.

In theory, it should work, but I think the machine is balking at all the backtracking, or something...

Either that, or it just doesn't like circular interpolation in incremental mode. :(

Anyway, I'm currently re-writing the entire program so that it's in Absolute positioning... if it works I'll post the resulting program so everyone can gawk at the hideously long program that is bound to result...

The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it. -- H.L. Mencken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back