Status
Not open for further replies.

nav1976

Civil/Environmental
Jan 15, 2000
US
HOW CAN I PREVENT MY TIREDNESS WHICH I FEEL SOMETIMES IN THE AFTERNOON?<br>
I TRIED COFFEE, RELAXATION METHODS STILL IT IS NOT WORKING.<br>
WHAT SHOULD I MUST DO SO AS TO PREVENT TIREDNESS?I TRAVEL DAILY 80 KMS. UP AND DOWN TO MY COLLEGE SINCE IT IS IN ANOTHER DISTRICT.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Nav1976:<br>
<br>
Perhaps you are tired because you are not getting a good night's sleep. You may not be aware of it, but if you have restless legs, you may feel as though you have slept well but, in reality, you may unconsciously wake up. I know this personally from what my wife tells me (I keep her awake) and from a sleep study. <br>
<br>
You may want to have it checked out. Best of luck and have a great day.<br>
<br>
Steve d

Research the vast number of articles relating to sleep deprivation. If you're getting less than 7.5 hours every night, sleep deprivation is a likely cause of your tiredness. Changing lifelong habits is uncomfortable, but can be accomplished with amazing results.

Excess carbohydrate intake has been found to cause sleepiness (almost a drugged feeling).&nbsp;&nbsp;I experienced what you describe, and have reduced my carbs (breads, sugars, etc.).&nbsp;&nbsp;They give a quick boost of energy, but when they are gone, you feel tired.&nbsp;&nbsp;Give it a try.&nbsp;&nbsp;It worked for me.

Sometimes staring at a computer monitor that is set too high up causes eye strain, ergo tiredness.<br><br>Also, sitting at your desk, spell out the alphabet with your foot in the air. It gets the blood pumping.

Hi Nav1976,<br><br>I have encountered the same type of problem myself. I was told by my wife, and my whole family, that I snored bad. I went to the doctor and he recommended the sleep study that steved had mentioned. From the study I found out that I was only in REM for about 2 hrs. and I also stopped breathing 9 times in a 2 hr. period. This was caused by sleep apnia. The fix was to get a machine which helps me breath during the night. It is a very popular problem. Other things that you should also do is maintain a good diet, exercise, stop smoking, if you do, and seek your doctors advice. You may also want to see an eye doctor to make sure that your eyes aren't getting strained making you feel tired. Best of luck, and let me know how you make out. <p>Ross A. Watters<br><a href=mailto:ross_a_watters@hotmail.com>ross_a_watters@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

If your eyes are not the source of your problems, you may have a high concentration of free radicals in your system.&nbsp;&nbsp;Begin by taking a high quality anti-oxidant/chelated mineral supplement on a daily basis.<br><br>I strongly recommend the &quot;essentials&quot; product produced by USANA.&nbsp;&nbsp;I suffered from the same problem and was able to significantly increase my energy levels through the use of this product.<br><br>If you are interested, send me mail!<br><br>Good Luck<br>MJ

Hi,
Your problem has one easy guaranteed solution that may solve other problems that you may have too such as concentration.

This solution is :AEROBICS

Try the AEROBICS exercises 3-5 times a week each for at least 30 minutes , and you will notice a great difference after 2 weeks, GAURANTEED.

Tell me if you are convinced after you have tried, Good Luck

NAV, tell me something

1) Do you enjoy travelling 80kms everyday?
2) Do you read as a habit picked or most of the time to find a solution to a problem or simply to relax(eg novels)
3) How are you socially doing. Do you meet friends regularly?
4) Do you read same kind of stuff?. Is it related to your profession, or your hobbies?

Except for no 1) above I have the rest all on the negative side. So it might seem rude to say this but there are chances that the 80kms may be too much. Well you have to put up with that. But if you dont socialize enough, then like me, you might end up taking it in books. Also if you have to read because your profession demands it, then like me you may be trying to read too much as a habit. Nowaday I read on the spot. If my current project requires me to study complexities of bridge design, I go into at during office hours and go to watch chorus group after work. Helps out.

Check to see if you really know how to relax. Me, I am not good at that. When I go to a holliday village to lie down, I end up behind bar helping the barman. Bad habit.

Good luck, and lets know how you are doing sometime in this forum.

Well, you have many suggestions to choose from and I'll add another. As your title has indicated it sounds as if you enjoy reading but find yourself falling asleep in the afternoon while you read. Is this the only time you read? Do you read in bed until you fall asleep? If this is the case your body may be receiving a signal in the afternoon that is similar to the bedtime reading. Body: &quot;Hey I'm reading again, time to go to sleep&quot;. It's probably a combo of all the suggestions above. Experiment and see what works for you. Keep your body guessing what the afternoon activity will be and continue to modify it.

Good point postman

We should have said what postman implied from the beginning: NAV, EXPERIMENT WITH YOURSELF, your time, your habits, your UPS AND DOWNS.

Good luck
IJR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back