Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I loose the abilty to pan or zoom with my mouse wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TateJ

Mechanical
Mar 15, 2002
US
I've been having this re-occuring problem for a while - but haven't posted the question - because I can't consistently reproduce it. Once in a while - I loose the abilty to pan or zoom with my mouse wheel. It happens when I zoom in far enough to envoke the scrol bars at the edges of my view window. the only way to get my mouse zooming back is to exit & re-open the part.

Any clues?

BTW - this is on the system at the tech college where I teach a night class. Student Edition 2005 SP3.1. I suppose I could get some more system specs if needed.

Windows 2000 Professional / Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
SolidWorks 2005 SP04.0 / SpaceBall 4000 FLX
Lava Lamp

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a possible fix on Solidworks Discussion Forum.
User interface
look for heading by "kingz" on Aug2 12:17

¿)

To get the best from these forums read FAQ731-376 before posting

Got a link?
... or a web address... anything?

Lava Lamp

This is as far as I can get you.
Once you log in you will find similar threads near the one that I describe.

If you use PDMWorks, there is a link in the "Solidworks Resources" under the task pane.

the thread in question simply recommends doing a fix on your mouse.

try what Scott Baugh recommends first, as this is his profession.

dsgnr1

¿)

Scott... Is that from the VIEW on the toolbar? I don't see any options in there.

The irony is - this only happens at the school. Here at work I use my SpaceBall & it never occurs. But I vaguely remember - before I got the Spaceball - this might have heppened. Now I'm remembering it might have something to do with the mouse settings. (Im posting now - mostly to remind myself to try rhis next Tuesday at school). Open the Mouse Properties dialog box - from CONTROL PANEL. click the WHEEL tab & then ADVANCED in the wheel troubleshooter frame. Then disable all IntelliPoint software wheel support for SolidWorks.

See if that does it.

Lava Lamp

dsgnr1...

I think that thread basically does what I just remembered. I'm betting this will fox the problem. I'm gonna e-mail the day teacher & see if he can try the fix before I get there next week.

Lava Lamp

Tate,
Bless you for passing along to future Engineers and Designers, etc.

That takes a special breed.

dsgnr1

¿)

Thank you...

I'm really enjoying it.

Lava Lamp

When you go under View\Modify there are 2 options

Zoom about center and rotate about center. Those are about the only options in SW for settings of your Mouse. THe Mouse is mostly controlled by the driver of the machine.

Different Mice have different drivers and this can cause some conflict when trying to tell you to set up the Mouse driver properties. But check to make sure that (if microsoft) that it's in the list of you wheel button. If Logitech, turn off "Disable Acceleration in Games".

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

Hi TateJ,

I don't know what mouse you're using...Logitech or Microsft or X brand?

I had the same problem with my Microsoft Intellimouse. To fix the problem I needed to go in the Intellimouse configuration program and add the Sldworks.exe in the list of programs for it to work properly (allowed me to zoom + pan with the middle button).

Hope it helps,

Colombo75

Industrial Designer
SW2005 SP4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back