Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE THAT KNOWS JOURNAL FILES AND VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyalexandr22

Mechanical
Sep 7, 2011
GR
I am working with NX-6 6.0.4.3 for 64bit XP Windows, I mostly work on large assemblies about 10.000-30.000 components with about 600-1000 drawing -sheets. I have major problem when I want to change the machine-codes, clients name, date, designer name, cad number at the template of the drawings, also I have problems with pdf 's exports of the drawings because until now it wasn't necessary to export them. Now I have to make pdf for each drawing that I give to production. Also now it is asked from me to make an excel file with the commercial materials that I use in every drawing. I think that my problem will be solved with journal files. The problem is that I have made a lot of macros but I never practice with journals (I don’t have any experience in journal or in vb)

Some details that maybe help you to understand my problem and what I want to do:
First the drawings for each assembly that I use are non master part drawings.
Second when I change the notes from drawing template I use attributes that I insert them from expressions.

What I want to do: I need to declare the load options for the folder that I work and from this folder the NX to open only prt files that the name contains the word <<draft>>, when the files are open I want to change specific attributes, make an export to pdf with the name of part name and import the part list to excel.

Does anyone have an idea how to start?

Thanks a lot for your time to read me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If your maintenance is up to date you can get access to Siemens' GTAC forum, there are forums dedicated to programming NX, assemblies, wave linking, general CAD use, Teamcenter, etc:
Of course, you can post your question here at eng-tips. Also try out the search function; it works well and you can dig up some good example code that's been posted over the years.

I know a couple other forums, but only very rarely visit; so I can't comment on the quality you will find there.

There is a general NX forum at or at least I think there is, I can't find an obvious link to it now.

There are also UG/NX forums at
I've also seen an NX blog at This one is mostly random blog posts about NX features/tips/news. It appears that it hasn't been updated since mid-2010.

is only a few months old, so not much content there yet and some site features have yet to be implemented. If you have any comments/questions or ideas for journals that would appeal to a wide audience, please email them to info@nxjournaling.com

I'm sure I missed a few. Anyone else have links to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back