Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need help with my Decals 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunTimeParty

Industrial
Jul 20, 2005
US
Hello,

Im new here. As I said, I need help figuring out my decals in Photoworks. What is a P2D file and how can I turn my images into one. I've attempted saving them as BMP's WBM's and other types, but I cant get them selected through the decal editor window. Would someone help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

First of all, what version of SW are you running?

You can try the "Decal Wizard" in the PhotoWorks Menu, just follow the step...it will guide you threw the preocess..

Or you can do it manually, select the "new decal" icon, this will open a window, select first icon on the top left to get file ...this will allow you to get bmp, jpeg,....other file format....when you're done don't forget to save your decal in photoworks.

hope it helps.

Colombo75

Industrial Designer
SW2005 SP4.0

Thanks alot Colombo! From your instructions i got it to work. It makes my job a whole lot easier. I feel a little silly that it was that easy. Im using 2005.

There are also some great tutorials created by Ed Eaton,one of which includes a decal/rendering tutorial.

Also, I use decals regularly on the renderings shown on my site (for reference). Your version of SW will determine how to approach all this stuff. Also, it looks like it will change again (improvements) in 2006. So advice would be customized per your SW version.

Jeff Mowry
Reality is no respecter of good intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back