Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

I need your help.

Nastiia

Student
Oct 22, 2024
CZ
Dear Sir/Madam,
I really hope that my question reaches someone, but if you are reading this, I will be immensely grateful to you. I would really like to understand how to solve such tasks.
I study at the university at the Faculty of Civil Engineering. I really need help from you if you are good at conducting cause-and-effect relationships in such drawing tasks in the subject Analysis of building structures.
The assignment is written in Czech, but I will translate it into English to make it more convenient:

Determine and plot the waveforms of the causal lines
Mf, Rb, M1, Q1 and Qdc.
Do not bind to shear.
(To check you need advice of all causal lines calculated in points I and II).

Your coefficients for the ANKC course:
a=0.700 , b=1.200 , c=1.400

I have attached a photo of the tasks below
Thank you so much for reading this. All the best and have a good time of day.
photo_5242273216066612187_x_aiv4rp.jpg

photo_5242273216066612179_y_eylixg.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have more of a question like this: how would I define numerical values of causal lines on statically undefined constructs. Due to not knowing how to calculate this, my progress on the problem has come to a halt.[sad]

I too haven't heard this term in the past ... can you post the section in the text where they describe it ?

what is that sketch to the right of the beam ... another set of loads ?

the question mentions "moving system of forces" ... ??

What is Q'2 ?
maxmk1 ? (max moment @ k1 ?)
what are the kx points on the beam ?? supports ??
what are x1 and x2 ? (the limits of travel of the 10 force ?)

"Wir hoffen, dass dieses Mal alles gut gehen wird!"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

So my interpretation is that a causal line is a plot of a selected property at a particular point (?) along the beam, as a function of the location of the force applied to the beam. The ? is because I would have thought knowing the max bending moment anywhere along the beam is more useful.

Anyway, fundamentally you are trying to solve the SF and BM diagram for one particular location of the force and then generalising it. So you know how to do the first part of that?

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Back