Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I tried Linear and Circular patterns and would not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavenlySolid

Electrical
Dec 1, 2005
PR
Can someone please give some hints on how to make 1 inch holes every 20 inches on a part that has a combination of linear and semi-circular edges. I tried Linear and Circular patterns and would not work.

The part measures 20 feet long and it looks like a giant rubber band stretched out.

Using SW2007

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A Curve driven pattern could potentially work, but to use that you will need to make a Fit spline of the outside of the shape. (make a sketch and convert that to a fit spline)

I think a sketch driven pattern will work much better. (Make a sketch with all the points (point represent the centerpoints of the arc locations for your holes) Then exit the sketch select sketch driven pattern and pick the sketch and then the Already made feature)

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

I have no idea on how to do this? The hardest part is to follow the top and bottom contours and keep the holes paterned 20" apart, right at the center.

Can someone please help.

Have gone through the online tutorial yet? This is a pretty easy process and I believe it is explained in the Tutorial.

Also if you had just followed the steps I listed above you would have understood the process.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back