Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICC IBCO and certification? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrecastDroopy

Structural
Nov 2, 2004
US
I have a project in the Marshall Islands where we have to precast a large facility. The contractor (the U.S. Army) is requesting our Q.C. to be ICC IBCO certified. Any idea what this is? The IBC is a building code, why would I have to certify my Q.C. thru a building code?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"ICC offers a wide array of examinations designed to test your knowledge of professional code enforcement and construction. For the code professional there are examinations covering building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing inspection as well as permitting and plans approval. For the contractors there are examinations covering the more practical applications required for licensure. How do you begin?"

Visit their web site:

Check their web site, for evaluation services. When someone wants to certify a product as ICC reviewed, they must contact an ICC lab to come in and determine they have an adequate QC program. There is a list of approved labs on there somewheres also, as there are not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back