Icebreakers 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemFemme

Chemical
Jul 15, 2005
US
All,

Our human resources manager, in his infinate wisdom, has decided that there is a lack of synergy in our technical group and is planning a team building day. He has asked for suggestions for games or icebreakers to focus on listening, team work, and "getting to know each other outside of work". Have any of you been to these type of outings? What is your opinion on this, and/or have you participated in any helpful or, dare I say, entertaining icebreakers???

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Odd gaps in HR (abb. for Human Remains) understanding - are they universal?

1. Failure to realise that it's bad form to be the only department in a company that expands as said company carries out downsizing activities
2. A general failure to realise that no one wants to be part of a team that contains no individuals

Sceptic or cynic - you decide...

There is currently an "alternative olympics" taking place on the lawn outside my office window. No one on my floor can afford to take part because we are up against an impossible deadline. You can bet that tomorrow morning we'll get all the stick for not being team players and joining in the fun.

PS I'm on Eng-Tips at the moment while I'm waiting for super-slow IT to load up my files. And I can't throw the computer out of the window because there's too many people playing down there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back