Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ID nuber of part missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchouk

Industrial
Sep 10, 2004
US
I opened an assembly in witch I had 4 identical parts. When I looked at the part one the id is missing, in the assembly tree I can see the part name <> no id number. The second part I see the part name <2>.
My problem is that I want to control the configuration of part 1 through a design table in the assembly but because the part 1 doesn’t have an id I can’t control it from the design table.
Is that appended to anyone? How can I fix it without having to delete the part from the assembly and having to reload it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried simply reloading the part?
RMB on the part & select Reload.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of faq559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions faq559-1091

There was a bug in SW05 that did this. I think it was fixed in a later SP.

If this is SW06 then call your VAR as you maybe seeing the same bug or it was still not fixed yet.

What if you delete the part and readd it... I was thinking that worked for my customer in SW05

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

Thank you SBaugh for your answer.

I deleted the part with the missing id, and inserted it again.
It came with an id <5> since I was having 4 parts.
The thing is that now I have 4 parts in my assembly with the following id <2>, <3>, <4>, <5>.
No id <1> I don't thing it is important.

Instead of deleting & re-adding, have you tried making a copy of the part & renaming it, then using Replace Components to replace the original with the copy?
If that works, the mates should remain intact & you could either rename the copy, or use Replace Components again to switch back to the original.

Otherwise it sounds like you will have to rely on the fix from SW that Scott mentioned.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of faq559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions faq559-1091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back