Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identification symbol text changing to ##

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNLAYKE

Industrial
Sep 5, 2008
US
I'm trying to figure out why some of my identification symbols have suddenly decided to change to ## rather than the item number. The strange thing is I manually entered the number in each balloon according to the parts list. The other thing strange is not all of the balloons have changed. All of the parts are loaded & not lightweight Customer doesn't like to have auto list is why I did it that way. I do have a part property called DETNO for the parts list to follow along. Any ideas or suggestions to fix this. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you can post a screenshot, it may help us understand exactly what is going on.

JOHNLAYKE said:
The strange thing is I manually entered the number in each balloon according to the parts list.

This may be part of your problem. If you are using the same symbol type as used by the parts list callouts, manually entering text is a waste of time; the parts list will control the text in the callout. For proof, try attaching a balloon to a component and entering some arbitrary text; now update the parts list and check the text of the balloon.

I was working with a parts list today and could duplicate what you described only by changing the cell style to remove all text fit methods, then resizing the callout column until the text no longer fit. The callout text changed to # symbols in both the parts list and callout balloons.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back